Your account privacy settings
CE uses third party service providers to help us provide portions of the services offered at our sites. CE has selected our providers based on the providers' published polices and or explicit agreement to conform with our policies.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage.
Information CE Collects
Whenever you access the CE website, the server(s) must know and does record (log) certain standard technical information such as the numerical Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using; the browser software you use and your operating system; and the Internet address of the website from which you followed a link. CE uses access logs to help detect errors, monitor for malicious intrusion, evaluate server performance and help us adapt our offerings to the needs of our users. In addition, CE, or CE's third party analytics providers (currently google analytics), providers of content (linked images for example) may also record data that includes this technical information.
The logs of access to CE web services may include additional data such as
- The amount of bandwidth used when playing video or audio
- In some cases a unique cookie
- In some cases and basic configuration information like screen resolution.
- Other technical data such as Plug-In availability
- This access log data is used to improve the quality of CE's web services.
LOGGED TRAFFIC DATA
CE does not correlate this logged traffic data with named users except when:
- Users access or attempt to access private administrative areas of the site with a user name and password.
- The user posts content to a forum, message board, blog comment or collaboration application under a user name and password.
- CE has reason to believe there has been potentially malicious access to our servers or content.
- CE may report the anonymized, aggregated and filtered results of server log analysis and the reporting provided by our third party analytics services to funders and the public in order to fund and promote CE services. Individual user activity is not shared except to the extent such users elect to post or contribute in CE web fora and discussions.
Users who purchase content, course attendance, event tickets or physical products or services from CE may be asked to provide personally identifying information including name, address, telephone number, credit card or other payment details in order for CE to deliver those products or services. CE will not retain payment information on servers CE owns or controls for any longer than necessary to complete the transaction. Third parties (Amazon for example) may keep this data as part of any account users may create with them when purchasing CE products or services.
CE sites include links to other sites and services. Users of CE's collaboration features, message boards and comments may also link to other sites and services. CE is not, and cannot be, responsible for the content or security of these other sites.
Please contact us about your privacy concerns.