Facilitator / Coach
Marty is based in the USA and brings more than 25 years of global experience as a senior manager and consultant in leadership/professional development, coaching, strategic communications, interpersonal dynamics, organizational development, and workshop design/facilitation. He serves as the Founder and Managing Director of The WIT Group (What it Takes), based in Cleveland, Ohio, focusing on leadership development programs, executive coaching for individuals and team coaching, primarily around issues of team effectiveness, alignment and collective leadership.
Areas of Specialisation:
- Executive coaching
- Strategic communications/communications skill building for leaders and high-performing organizations
- Creating, designing, facilitating unique, high-impact customised workshops (e.g. Accelerating Leadership and Gravitas; Managing Essential Leadership “Space”: Facilitation, Presentation, Meeting Management; Building Bench Strength: Coaching, Productive Conflict, Performance Dialogues, and Courageous Conversations; Inspirational Storytelling and High-Impact Communication and Commitment Building Strategies
Facilitated over 300 team alignment and performance acceleration interactions in medium to large corporations, professional services firms and large non profit organizations
- Brings experience in corporate crisis and organizational communications, and media relations to inform client organizations and individual leaders, particularly around communications strategies, stakeholder commitment building and individual/group capability-building programs
- Led/Participated in numerous Appreciative Inquiry summit/sessions
- Served over 10 years as Director of Professional Development for various McKinsey & Company offices, responsible for the full range of professional development processes and initiatives for consultants including coaching/counseling, staffing, team effectiveness/facilitation, training, evaluation/development processes, mobility, and outplacement, coached extensively, played a leadership role within McKinsey’s global professional development community
- In client-serving role at McKinsey, focused on change management programs, merger and acquisition integration, leadership team effectiveness and the broad-based communication, commitment building, and human resources needs of clients in a range of industries, including energy, manufacturing, financial services, and automotive.
- Qualified in Myers-Briggs (MBTI), BarOn EQ-I and EQ-360; certificate in Appreciative Inquiry and The Arbinger Institute’s Leadership and Self Deception program